We’re up and running again seeing patients but there is a new normal here at Peninsula Orthodontics. We have implemented a number of changes in response to this pandemic to ensure everyone who walks through our front door is safe!
- Anyone who enters the building will be asked a series of questions to assess their risk for COVID-19 and have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer
- We ask anyone who enters the building to wash their hands prior to taking a seat in our waiting area or speaking to reception
- All of our instruments are washed, disinfected and sterilised in a hospital grade steriliser after every single use (we have always done this).
- Our treatment chairs and desks are cleaned using a hospital grade detergent and disinfectant after every appointment (this is the gold standard for cleaning hard surfaces).
- Although our team is very friendly, to reduce the risk of hand to hand spread, we are minimising the shaking of hands (so please don’t take offence).
- Non clinical areas are also being regularly wiped down and disinfected to reduce contact contagions.
- Patients are using a pre-procedural mouth rinse prior any aerosol producing procedure
- Staff members are wearing additional PPE on-top of standard PPE for aerosol producing treatments
- We have reduced the number of chairs in our waiting area to ensure social distancing can be maintained
What can you do to help
- If possible, when making a payment, we ask that you use a debit/credit card and make use of the tap feature to minimise the handling of currency.
- In order to minimise non-essential gathering of people in our waiting room and clinic, where possible and age appropriate, we respectfully request that patients attend their appointments unaccompanied.
We are asking that you reschedule your appointment if:
- You have returned from travel overseas in the last 14 days of your appointment.
- You have interacted with someone in the last 14 days of your appointment who is a confirmed Coronavirus case.
- If you have the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
If you meet any of these criteria we would appreciate if you could call reschedule your appointment and you should also call your GP to discuss your symptoms.
For the latest advice, information and resources, go to www.health.gov.au , or call the National Coronavirus Health Information line on 1800 020 080 (it operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) or The Victorian Dedicated Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.